Saturday, January 8, 2022

Preparing for the New Semester!

 Hey everyone,

Coming back from Winter Break (or any break from school) can be exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. There's getting everything cleaned up in your living space, checking what textbooks and supplies are needed for classes, and much more. 

This upcoming week, I start my final semester of senior year and in undergraduate studies. I always feel more stressed at the beginning of the semester. This semester is different being that it is my last one and there is a lot I need to think about in terms of post-college life. I recently got accepted to continue my studies at UNC in the sociology graduate program. I really want to consider this option, but school is very expensive and I also want to look into other possible options. 

The beginning of the semester is stressful in general due to new classes, a new schedule adjustment, different professors than the semester before, and there may be more or less homework on the agenda. All of those things combined with making time for friends and self-care, it's a lot to handle. 

In the 7 semesters I have been in college, I have learned to rely on all of the people in my support system to get me through the start of the semester and to always ask for help if I need it. This is the time where I need the most support because it is a CHANGE, and change for me is NEVER easy. I just learn to adapt to it in order to be successful! 

When it comes to school, what is/was the most stressful time for you?

Until next time,

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experiencing College/Grad School Burnout

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted anything, but I thought now would be a good time to talk about burnout in college/grad...