Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Hospital Adventures

 Hey everyone,

So I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday and thought things were gonna be fine. As it turns out, things were not fine. I got a really swollen mouth with a huge lump. I ended up getting an oral infection that turned into sepsis. So I have been in the hospital getting pumped full of antibiotics and steroids because of this. So stressful and frustrating, especially since I grew up in and out of hospitals.

The worst part about the whole thing is that my original surgeon who did the procedure didn't even care that I was in the hospital. He didn't even respond when the ER doctors called him. This has like a 1 in 50 to 100 chance of happening with wisdom teeth removal, well it happened to me. 

Have you had mishaps like this? Post comments down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experiencing College/Grad School Burnout

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted anything, but I thought now would be a good time to talk about burnout in college/grad...